Thursday, November 15, 2007

My new blog

I have been composing some essays for opensourcetheology.net to provoke discussions, but I decided that the essays are worth saving, organizing, and in the future, revising. I realized I should create a blog to archive these essays. I will also add less detailed posts from time to time about Christianity, theology, or whatever catches my interest.

In case you are wondering, I am an 18-year old non-denominational Christian dedicated to studying the Scriptures. My goal is to have part in many different churches (even if I disagree with what some teach), eventually have a role in biblical scholarship (after college, of course), and perhaps missionary work (but not full-time).


Currently I am attending a small charismatic church, a Methodist church, and a Calvary Chapel. I plan to attend other churches in the future.

I am a big fan of Andrew Perriman and N.T. Wright, who have been extremely influential to me both theologically and historically; I am familiarizing myself with Brian Mclaren as well. There are many other interesting scholars out there I need to start reading, though. I plan to check out James Dunn and Krister Stendahl next, though there are plenty of other books by N.T. Wright I still need to read.


My first essay will be on life after death and the intermediate state. I will post it soon.

No comments: